February 20, 2019 | Tabitha Andrews Orth
World Encephalitis Day is the Friday, February 22nd. This is a single day when everyone in the Autoimmune Encephalitis community works to bring awareness to AE. If you have AE or know a loved one battling the disease, your participating can make all the difference in the world.
What can you do to participate?
1. Use a profile frame on your FaceBook profile picture to raise awareness from now until WED
2. Encourage people to tour our Virtual Art Show. Amazing and inspiring art done by patients and their loved ones which include stories of the artists. Share the link on all your social media and post it on your timeline. You will find the Art Show under Inspiration Gallery on our website.
3. Create a FaceBook fundraiser for IAES to support our mission in spreading awareness in the medical community/general public, helping patients/families reach best outcomes and encourage research.
4. Post our awareness video: You Are The Reason ~on World Encephalitis Day~ utilize all your social media platforms. This year’s video has already surpassed our expectations in reach. Your post may save a life by leading a patient to become accurately diagnosed.
5. Become a card carrying member of International Autoimmune Encephalitis Society. For as little as $20 a year, you can become a ‘Basic’ member. Your membership includes a small gift of thanks from IAES along with your membership card.
6. Share/Post this informative meme that explains what Autoimmune Encephalitis is in easy to understand language. Share it on all your social media platforms. A Downloadable/printable version is located on our ‘Living with AE page’ on our website.
7. Make a $10 donation to IAES on World Encephalitis Day
8. Direct people to our website
9. Use #RED4WED #WED #Worldencephalitisday #IAES in your posts. Tag friends and ask them to share your posts so more people are reached.
10. Distribute the Gold Standard paper: A clinical approach to diagnosis of autoimmune encephalitis. This vitally important paper was written by 26 experts around the world who collaborated to ensure that a patient with AE be easily identified in any hospital with equipment readily available.
International Autoimmune Encephalitis Society (IAES) is a Family/Patient centered organization that assists members from getting a diagnosis through to recovery and the many challenges experienced in their journey.
Driven by the knowledge that “Education is Power”, International Autoimmune Encephalitis Society manages an educational support group for patients diagnosed with Autoimmune Encephalitis and their loved ones, empowering them to be strong self-advocates and advocates that will lead them to best outcomes and recovery. We are the premiere organization leading in these vital roles.